Monday, November 21, 2011

How can I improve the circulation in my feet?

I went to the Dermatologist last year because I had spots on my feet that were reddish brown. They were almost like freckles but I have an olive complexion. They were on my toes, sides of my feet, and a little on my ankles. The Doctor said they looked like a circulatory problem and maybe my socks or shoes were too tight. He said that when we wear too tight socks it causes the blood to gather under the skin and not flow evenly which causes the discoloration. I have tried calf and foot stretches, massage, and replaced all of my socks. I recently tried elevating my feet. I do need to increase my exercise. Any other suggestions? How long does it take before this will go away? It has been well over a year. I am starting to think the spots will never go away.

How can I improve the circulation in my feet?
Not exactly sure what the "spots" are but they may never go away. The biggest concern shouldn't be how they look but whether the circulation is still impaired.





Elevation, self-massage (slightly vigorous) or massage by a professional (highly recommended), heat, proper shoes with insoles (try the Good Feet stores if they have them in your area), changing positions often (especially if you sit or stand all day), and exercise (as simple as walking after dinner) will all help.
Reply:Stasis dermatitis is inflammation of the skin of the lower legs caused by chronic venous insufficiency. Symptoms are itching, scaling, hyperpigmentation, and sometimes ulceration. Diagnosis is clinical. Treatment is directed at the chronic venous insufficiency.

elephant foot

No comments:

Post a Comment