Monday, November 21, 2011

Bruise or side effects from blood thinner med's??

Have a family member who is on blood thinners for more than a year...recently several nurses caring for him in the hospital questioned the discoloration on his forearms, I assumned bruising from thinning skin combined with blood thinners = bruising. One of the nurses showed me what a blood thinner bruise looks like on his arm and said the "other" was not caused by med's....said something about his skin and lack of circulation..the discoloration resembles brusing but with a darker purple/black color..both sides of his lower forearms are covered. Does anyone out there have an idea what might be the culprit???

Bruise or side effects from blood thinner med's??
I was on cumadin had bruises all over me one little tap its bruised
Reply:I am also a nurse....like the nurses have told you poor circulation. Give me some more information about him...like his age, skin type, other diseases...things like that. I would love to help you out so just get back to me...good luck if I don't hear from you again.


No comments:

Post a Comment